Worried that no one can find you? If you found us, we can help them find you. Contact us today.
Search Engine Optimization: We take a common sense approach.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search engine optimization is a combination of tactics with the goal of achieving higher rankings in organic search results. Organic search results are those which are not paid for, for example, the results on the left side of Google search results.
What does SEO entail?
SEO is a two part challenge: onsite tactics and inbound links.
The first, and easiest approach to SEO is to make sure your site is properly optimized. As part of an SEO sweep, your site will be reviewed and analyzed to find possible areas of concern. The main goal: content strategy and crawler access. You want your site to have quality content, that is aimed at the keywords you wish to rank for. And, you ideally want to follow Google's best practices for site design and development.
Inbound linkage is a huge factor. Google and other search engines will rank your domain based on trust. They build that trust by analyzing who links to you. How many sites? What quality or trust do those domains have? How quickly have you accrued those links? All of these factors will matter when the Google algorithm figures out where your site will rank.
What is your approach to SEO?
At NPG, we look at all SEO campaigns with the following philosophy:
- SEO is an ongoing campaign, not a one time project - in order to be successful, you must constantly be tweaking and updating your content, strategy and inbound links.
- No SEO consultant can ever promise a particular outcome - if any consultant promises you a top-ten result, or any other absolute metric... be afraid! There is no one that can say with any certainty where your website will rank.
- SEO is just one part of a larger puzzle - SEO by itself will never be as successful as a comprehensive marketing and content creation strategy.
NPG specializes in SEO, in conjunction with other marketing tactics. The following blog posts may be helpful as you determine your pathway forward:
- FAQ: What About SEO?
- How Your Business Will Benefit From Inbound Marketing
- Inbound Marketing Is The Revolution Your Business Needs
When you are ready - feel free to contact us for more information!